27.10.08

Halloween--A ploy to sell more candy or a legitimate holiday?

I was talking to somebody the other day (no names...Randy) who was of the opinion that Halloween was a shameless ploy by corporate America to sell lots of candy. This person (Randy) just wouldn't believe that Halloween is a legitimate holiday. Needless to say I crushed this person (Randy) with a solidly constructed arguement, my wit and sarcasm and my stunning good looks. Instead of providing you (Anonymous Internet Person) with the Solidly Constructed Arguement I was lazy and gave you this instead:
Halloween is a religous holiday in many different religions. In Christianity it is celebrated as All Saints Day, also celebrated by Bogans all round Australia as every Tuesday night.
*insert pause whilst you work out why that joke is funny, chuckle a bit, read on...*
In ancient and moderc Celtic traditions it is Samhain, the night the souls of the dead walk the earth.
In Mexico (Meh-Hi-Ko) it is celebrated as the Day of the Dead (the festival not the B-Grade horror movie... WOW! I am on fire tonight!)
And thats about it... Please note, nowhere in there did I write "Candy Companies" . So to that person (Randy) who didn't believe me when I said Halloween is a legitimate religous holiday: "Gringo"

And to you Anonymous Internet person: "Goodbye"


AUTHORS NOTE:
Yeah I just read what I wrote. Wow. Sorry's all I can really say. I'm committed to not editing my work except for spelling and grammer (and even then...) so well, sorry for writing such an incomprehensible piece of pointless diatribe.







No comments:

Post a Comment